At Connell’s, we provide many services for our clients including residential roof repair and replacement. When your roof needs to be replaced or repaired, it is not always obvious. Some signs that may indicate trouble include worn or missing shingles, the age of your roof and if your roof is leaking. If your roof is not healthy, it is likely not protecting your home from the weather outside.
Whether you need roof repair or a complete replacement, you can rely on us. We offer:
- Roof repair
- Roof replacement
- Many siding solutions (new construction, remodeling, damage repair)
- Windows – install both new and replacement
Here are a few tips for maintaining your roof:
- Get familiar with your roof. If possible, get up there once a year and take a look. Check for damaged shingles or flashing and signs of mold. Anything that looks different or damaged compared to the previous year might be an indicator of needed repair. Finding problems with your roof and fixing them before they have the opportunity to get worse will help your roof and your home last longer.
- Keep debris off of your roof. Piles of leaves and other debris have the potential to trap moisture, which may cause water damage and allow moss to grow. Your roof needs to stay dry, which means it will need a good drainage system. It is important to clean your gutters regularly. Check out our blog posts on the importance of cleaning your gutters and information on cleaning them properly.
- Remove any mold, moss or liken build-up that may be growing on your roof. Liken usually begins growing on the parts of your roof that are always in the shade.
- Trim your trees away from the roof. Not only will trimming your trees reduce the amount of leaves getting trapped on your roof and in your gutters, trimming the trees will avoid possible damage from swaying branches. A wind storm can easily swing large branches into your roof causing all kinds of damage.
- Make sure your attic is vented thoroughly. A good venting system in the attic will keep the temperature down and fresh air moving through it.
If your roof is over 15 years old, we recommend having a professional check-up.